I have blogged for 7 days straight and it’s been tough, but I’ve managed it. It’s been an interesting experience so far and I have learned a lot. I began this challenge by working out some idea of the kinds of posts that I could do for the blog. My posts, however have gone in a completely different direction to the one I anticipated.
5 Things I have Learned:
- That I found writing standard copywriting posts boring (Day 2). I have found it far more interesting to follow my passion and write about writing stories, although this is the topic I have less experience in!
- That I don’t want to be just another ‘how to write’ blog, but I want to write about the things that I find interesting – plays on words and character names.
- That I can find time to sit down and write a blog post a day, but that Saturdays may be tough to fulfil because the family are around to distract me!
- That if you look for blog post ideas, they will come!
- That I like getting little badges for blog posts!
5 Things that I am going to do this week:
- Write 7 blog posts
- Play with an editorial calendar to try and get some order into my posts
- Try out more of Sarah’s email suggestions
- Find some new and interesting topics to blog about
- Get my 14 day badge
I have been impressed with the quality of the supporting emails and the friendliness of others who are also on their own blogging journey. It’s a great place to jump-start your blog.