In a few days’ time, I shall be guest-posting on the #customerlove website! I have finished my post and just need to proof-read it before sending it over. Guest posting is a great way to bring more exposure to your blog.
What is a guest post? It’s when you write the equivalent of a normal blog post but you write it for someone else. It’s not always easy, but you open yourself to another blogger’s audience and it is a great way of bringing your website to the fore.
So here’s a few tips on guest posting.
– Make sure that the website that you want to submit a guest post to will accept them.
– Read the guidelines before submitting. Some websites just want an outline of what you are going to write about. Others will want the full post.
– When submitting to the really popular websites, try and make your post stand out. Use popular references and aim your post at the target audience of the blog
– Share real experiences and make sure that the message is clear
– Proof-read several times through before hitting ‘send’.
There are benefits to the website receiving the guest post too. It can give the writer of the blog a rest or a chance to guest post themselves. It offers another point of view or it may even offer information that they themselves are not expert in. Guest posts are a great idea for all concerned and they can be a great way to bring your blog to the fore.
If you are unsure on how to write a guest post, then there are some really fantastic post-writing tips from James Chartrand at Men with Pens which you can find here.
If you want me to guest post for you, or if you would like to guest post for this blog, then email me at email@example.com or fill out the form on the contact page.
Photo Link: Pencil in Hand