Posted on : 02-03-2016 | By : admin | In : 30 Blog Writing Challenge
Tags: Blog, blog post, blog post ideas, blogging challenge, writer, writing
When I began this challenge, my biggest excuse for not keeping up my blog was that I didn’t know what to write about.
On beginning this 30 day blogging challenge, I wrote a quick list of ideas for blog posts so that I would have something to give me ideas when I needed something quickly. I have not often needed it, but it gave me confidence that it was there. As I come to the end of my challenge, I have decided to share this list as a reminder that ideas for blog posts are all around us and that we just have to look for them. Please add your blog post ideas in the comments at the bottom of the page.
- News headlines – in the papers or on digital news websites
- Facebook posts
- Pinterest topics
- Headlines specific to your topic – Googling your topic and ‘news’ will give you websites that offer news in your subject area
- A conversation, overheard or between you & your friends – just don’t get caught listening in!
- Questions from blog readers
- Solve a problem – either one of your own or one that you have heard about from someone else
- Share an experience
- Blog review – I love to share some of my favourite websites
- Book review
- Five best posts of the week/month/year
- Discuss a blog post that really struck you – but do say where the post came from and let the author know that you have continued the conversation
- Have a bath/shower – really good thinking space, also taking the kids to school
- Follow some forums – there are always some really good questions on there on real-life problems
- Answer a question on Linked In
- Listen to music. What pictures does it conjure up? Or can you just write an album review?
- See what other blogs are discussing – do you have your own take on it?
- Write a long list post
- Decide to do a really long list post and think outside the box for your ideas
- Use a TV or film character to discuss your topic – there have been some great blog posts out there using this. My favourite was the Inigo Montoya Guide to 27 Commonly Misused Words on Copyblogger
- Find some famous person quotations to discuss or share
- Share a story or poem that you have written
- Run a competition
- Interview someone in your field. It can be an email interview. People are very happy to be interviewed – particularly if they have a book or product coming out soon
- Write about an unusual hobby or skill
- Go for a walk and browse a newsagents – see what the magazines are writing about
- Write a seasonal post
- Write a post about a new start, a New Year or new beginning – what are you going to do differently?
- Keep a list of possible blog posts, noting ideas down as they come to you, so that you always have something to work on