Wow, suddenly it’s day 16 and I‘ve been blogging consecutively for 15 days! I’m really glad that I took up this challenge and I’m learning a lot from it.
So far I’ve learned:
- that finding topics can be fun and that it’s important to choose a topic that I feel I can offer some information on
- that I need to think about keywords more
- that prioritising time to blog pays off in terms of the pleasure of seeing this blog grow and improving it with new content
This challenge has reminded me how much I do like blogging about my own subject (as opposed to writing blogs for clients) and that it is really pleasing to see the number of blog posts increase substantially. I also love getting emails each day.
Could do better:
- need to set up that editorial calendar – I can see the benefit of it, but unfortunately it’s been a bit of a frustrating week at work. No excuses, though, should’ve done it!
- Keep improving SEO. I use All-in-One SEO and I am finding that I understand it better so I can use it more effectively. I may investigate some other options when I have time, though.
- it would be nice not to be blogging so late at night sometimes, but when you’re running other jobs alongside, better to blog late than not at all.
All these things will help me to blog more effectively and enable my blog posts to be found more easily when the challenge is over. It will also help me to continue writing blog posts more regularly.
- I’m in the middle of a series of blog posts on writing a short story and editing it. I intend to continue that
- Take some of Sarah’s email challenges. This is something I have not been so good at – usually because I already have some content in place
- Try and be more organised with my blog posts
It’s amazing how fast the first half of this blogging challenge has gone. As I said, it has not been easy: I have had issues at work to contend with and this week the family have been around because of half term. However I am doing my best to keep blogging and I am determined to finish the challenge.
If you are reading this, thinking, ‘Shall I?’ then I would encourage you to sign up for the 30 day blogging challenge. Your blog will thank you for it.