Posted on : 28-01-2011 | By : admin | In : Blog, Writing Help for Businesses
A landing page is where an advertising link should lead when it has been clicked. Your landing page should not be the same as your homepage. Your landing page should be designed to induce visitors to become customers in as few clicks as possible.
Here are my top five tips for a landing page:
1. Make the product simple and clear. Include photos if appropriate and a good description.Include all the information that the customer will need to know about the product.
2. Include a clear link back to your homepage.
3. Tell your visitors how purchasing this product will solve their problem. Give them a good reason to click on ‘buy’.
4. Make your buying and checkout processes as easy as possible to go through. Provide a variety of ways for customers to pay including Paypal, credit cards and pre-paid cards.
5. Make sure that your visitors can access store policies including shipping costs and return policies, preferably in a new window so that they do not transfer away from your buying page.
Building trust is key to getting visitors to convert to customers. By making your policies transparent and making it as easy as possible for visitors to buy, then you have a big advantage over your competitors. Getting good traffic to your website is important, but encouraging a high proportion of people viewing your website to commit to buy is the most important part for your business.
Photo Credit: Photo on Flickr by Janos Feher